Friday, November 27, 2015

11/27/15: Boston Ballet's The Nutcracker Dress Rehearsal and Meeting the Cast

I am not going to lie, there are days like today where being a blogger is pretty awesome.  I was able to take my daughter and her friend to dress rehearsal for the Boston Ballet's presentation of Mikko Nissinen's The Nutcracker at the Boston Opera House.  Plus we got to meet many of the dancers in the show!  What a dream come true for any dancer!  The show runs until December 31st so make sure to get your tickets now.
The girls were extremely excited to go to the show.  Here they are ready to go in.  
Doing a pose as we entered.
 There is a beautiful tree at the top of the stairs of the Boston Opera House.  A great place for a photograph.
This show truly is breathtaking.  The ability of these dancers is amazing!  I was not allowed to take pictures during the show however The Boston Ballet did share some images with me that I could utilize in my post.  Honestly pictures can not do it justice.  You need to see it in person.
Show Photos Provided by the Boston Ballet
Here is one of my favorite scenes.  With the snow falling and the beautiful dancing it gives me chills every time I see it. 
 It is just absolutely gorgeous!
We got to meet some of these dancers at intermission which was so awesome for the girls.  They decided to do a dance position with them.
The show has a full company of 57 dancers 11 Boston Ballet II dancers along with more than 200 Boston Ballet School students.  This year also has new lighting design by Mikki Kunttu.
“Mikko Nissinen’s The Nutcracker premiered in 2012 and is based on the libretto by Alexandre Dumas père titled The Tale of the Nutcracker, which is adapted from E. T. A. Hoffmann’s story The Nutcracker and the Mouse King.”  This scene with the Nutcracker and the Rats is such a fun one that the kids love. 
The girls were very excited to meet the Rat King.  What a fantastic costume!
All of the dancing is absolutely amazing.  Plus the costumes are gorgeous.  There are more than 350 handmade costumes in the show!
I was definitely having tutu envy.
The show is wonderful for families and runs about 2 hours long.  There were many giggles for the bear.  I am amazed at how well the bear could dance!  Quite a crowd pleaser.
These dancers were some of our favorites.  The crowd was really responding to them.
Gorgeous!
The girls meeting one of these dancers.
 There are 42 performances of The Nutcracker at the Boston Opera House (539 Washington St, Boston, MA 02111)!
Tickets start at $35.
Visit http://www.bostonballet.org/nutcracker/
I highly suggest taking the family to see it and starting a family tradition or continuing one if you already have been. 
Follow Boston Ballet on Twitter:  @BostonBallet  #BBNutcracker
Like them on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/bostonballet
Disclosure:  I was provided with tickets for this show to attend.  No other compensation was received and all opinions are my own.

No comments: