Thursday, November 6, 2014

11/6/14: Annie the Musical Opening Night

Last night we went to opening night of Annie The Musical at the Citi Performing Arts Center Wang Theatre in Boston.  The show was absolutely amazing!!!  We all loved it.  We also loved getting to attend the Red Carpet entry of Annie and Oliver Warbucks.
 My kids were so excited to get autographs from them and get to meet the stars of the show.  My son couldn't believe that the lead Issie Swickle is a 9 year old girl.  She is adorable, has a great voice and was absolutely perfect for the part!
 Annie and Oliver Warbucks arrived in a beautiful car for the red carpet entry.
 They both signed autographs for the kids.  They were both awesome in the show.  The love between them was so wonderful in the show.
 Evan and Lauren were very excited to meet them and get their autographs.
 Totally awesome!  Here you can see Gilgamesh Taggett who plays Oliver Warbucks.  He was perfect for the part.
My kids are 7 and 9 and loved the show.  I could see both of them giggling away and my daughter was singing Tomorrow on the way home.
The kids were loving taking a picture in front of the cool car.  What a lovely way to arrive for opening night. 
This show was one of my favorites out of the many shows I have seen recently.  I have many fond memories of taking my Cabbage Patch Kid when I first went to it when I was a child.  I was so happy to give those memories to my kids and have my daughter bring my Annie doll with her.
 The kids that played the orphans were all awesome.  They acted, danced and sang wonderfully.  Lillie Mae Stewart especially stood out as Molly.  She was so cute and wonderful in her acting. Lynn Andrews played Miss Hannigan was so fantastic.  She was the perfect funny character that you want to hate but can't because she is so funny.  Of course you can't forget Sandy.  What a well trained amazing dog.  The sighs every time she came on stage were great.
 The sets were amazing also.  The transitions between the Orphanage, NYC, the Warbucks household, and the President's office were seamless.  
This show is a must see.  The whole family will love it!
Even my doll from 1977 when I saw the show loved watching herself on stage. 
I also have a code for 20% of tickets for select performances!
Type in Code: MOMS
The show plays until November 16th so get your tickets now!
Tickets are priced at $35.00 - $125.00; all prices include a $3.75 facility fee per ticket. Tickets are now on sale at the Citi Center box office, through www.citicenter.org or by calling 800-982-ARTS (2787), or through Ticketmaster.
 Tomorrow, Tomorrow, make sure you get tickets!  Ok, I had to, I love that song!

Disclosure:  I received 4 tickets to attend this performance of Annie.  No other compensation was received and all opinions are my own.

No comments: